TOMA & TxACOFP are now accepting presentation proposals for the 10th Annual TOMA/TxACOFP Convention (June 7-11, 2017) in Fort Worth, TX. Presenters willing to share their expertise and enhance professional growth in the osteopathic medical field will address topics/discussion that would attract dedicated osteopathic and allopathic professionals committed to enhancing patient care and medical practice management through the continuing education process.
[to download the call for presentations brochure click here]
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Follow online submission instructions carefully and input your session information as per template and instructions..
Proposals will be reviewed by the Presentation Committee in conjunction with the organization’s Program Committee.
NOTIFICATION and CONFIRMATION
Final acceptance notification will be sent, via email, on or before March 13, 2017. Presenters need to reply to the notification email with their acceptance or declination no later than March 20, 2017.
● Visibility, recognition and credibility within the industry.
● Participating in the growth of your profession and the DO community.
● New networking opportunities.
● Presenters receive one additional credit as a presenter. If your session is worth one CME hour you receive two.
● One-night hotel stay at conference location.
● Honorarium: One full complimentary registration, value is $495 for members, $595 for non-members.
confirmed presenters obligations
● Submit a finalized PDF of presentation on or before May 8, 2017. Presentation will be uploaded to the TOMA website prior to conference. PRESENTATIONS NOT RECEIVED BY DEADLINE WILL NOT BE POSTED ONLINE.
● During your presentation, PROVIDE EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL ONLY and abide by TOMA’s policies as outlined — including no specific marketing of any product or service.
TOPICS AND CRITERIA FOR APPROVAL
Presenter(s) must be Osteopathic physicians, MD’s or PhD’s and/or a certified specialist in their field. Topics must be evidence based. Must be in good standing with the Texas Medical Board.
Potential speakers are invited to submit proposals for one or more of the following (Sessions will be 1 hour in length):
· Leadership vs. Management skills
· Inter Professional Teams (Clinical PharmD, PA, NP, Social Work)
· Behavioral Health Integration into Primary Care
· Cancer Screening
· Interventional Pain Management
· CBD oil for Pain Management
· Direct Primary Care
· Uterine Issues
· Female Hormone Replacement Therapy
· Pain Management
· Wound Care
presentation proposal requirements
1. Biography sketch for publication (no more than 100 words) and a resume/CV.
2. Presentation Title.
3. Name & contact information for lead presenter & co-presenter(s) if applicable.
4. Abstract/Session Description: description must accurately represent your session and will be included in conference program. Limited to 100 words.
5. Learning Objectives.
6. Needs Assessment. *click here for an example
Note: Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
1. PRESENTATIONS THAT MARKET SPECIFIC SERVICES OR PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, NOR ARE PRESENTATIONS OF THIS NATURE ACCEPTABLE AT THE CONFERENCE.
2. TOMA reserves the right to withdraw a speaking opportunity to a speaker for failure to follow the policies outlined.
3. Proposals must be accompanied by a bio/resume/vita for each presenter and feature an accurate 50-word session description.
4. Speakers who are selected must submit session handouts (PDF) by the deadline.
5. An LCD projector, laptop, screen, wireless microphone and sound system will be provided in each session room. Additional audio-visual requirements must be submitted via the submission form for consideration. REQUESTS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY TOMA.
6. TOMA reserves the right to select any, or none, of the submissions it receives. A proposal may be outstanding but inconsistent with the program committee goals and objectives duplicate another session, etc.
7. TOMA reserves the right to change the agenda — including but not limited to the amount of time allotted to the speaker.
8. Travel, accommodations and meal expenses are the responsibility of any/all presenters.
9. If a submitters employment changes, they must notify TOMA of the change immediately in writing.
Email notices to Lisa Gallo, CMP at email@example.com. TOMA reserves the right to re-evaluate any submission based upon a change of employment.
Questions? Contact Lisa Gallo, CMP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.444.8662.
SUBMIT YOUR PRESENTATION INFORMATION BELOW: